Rules for Players
These rules contain all amendments passed by the Board up to and including the AGM held in May, 2016.
- All players should be at the arena 25 minutes before game time and must be ready to go on the ice surface 5 minutes before their game.
- Players will enter and exit the ice surface in a mannerly fashion. Players are not allowed on the ice during flooding operations. They must wait until the arena attendant is finished and has closed the door.
- All players will shake hands after the game in the spirit of good sportsmanship.
- Players will not use abusive language. Players will not show unsportsmanlike conduct or rough play in the dressing room or on the ice.
- Penalties will be given by the referees. Points will be assessed against a player by the conveners and/or Rotary Hockey executive as deemed necessary.
- All players must wear all of the required equipment at all times. Any player not wearing the required equipment will not be allowed on the ice. This also includes practices.
- If a player misses any scheduled Rotary ice time due to an injury that required medical attention will require a medical release from a medical professional to participate on ice in any Rotary game or practice.
Equipment Required for all player of Rotary Hockey
- CSA Approved hockey helmet with face guard (two straps)
- Hockey shin guard (with straps or tape to hold shin guards in place)
- Hockey garter belt for hockey socks, OR hockey undershorts with velcro.
- Hockey skates (they should fit comfortably and not be too large on the player)
- Hockey stick
- Hockey neck protector
- Hockey elbow pads
- Hockey shoulder pads
- Practice shirt (game shirt is provided by league)
- Hockey socks
- The appropriate athletic support with cup
- Hockey gloves